Recording and PowerPoint: FL-Islandora Overview and Basic Skills
- Title:FL-Islandora Overview and Basic Skills
- Duration:' 01:13:15
- URL for Viewing: https://sas.elluminate.com/collab/ui/scheduler/resource/recording/91EEBCF221D2A57AB221A63BFD837601
- Slides from the Jan. 2016 training (PDF format): https://islandora.pubwiki.fcla.edu/wiki/images/Islandora/2/22/FL-Islandora_Overview_1-29-16.pdf
- Slides from the Jan. 2016 training (Powerpoint format): https://islandora.pubwiki.fcla.edu/wiki/images/Islandora/4/4b/FL-Islandora_Overview_1-29-16.pptx
If you'd like to use the training exercises independently of any formal training, do the following:
- Check the FL-Islandora test server's training collection to determine if any examples are currently in use: https://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/islandora-test:flvc (Click on this link. If you don't see a Birds or Cats or Dogs collection download any of the instructions and images below and begin the exercises.)
- If a set of examples is in use (e.g., you see a collection named "[someone's]Cats Collection" then select a different set of instructions and images. Examples cannot be loaded twice and must be deleted at the end of a training session to allow other users to use them.)
- Please be sure to delete any objects and collections you've created during a training session to allow other users to use the examples.
- If you experience any problems with the training exercises please contact the FLVC Help Desk.
Quick Start Training exercises/handouts (select a Collection/set of examples that doesn't currently exists on the Islandora Test server):
- (Birds exercise is checked out to Valencia College. Please use another exercise packet.)
Spring 2016 training session
Friday, January 29, 2016, 2-5pm
January 2016 Session Registered attendees
- Carolyn Zaput, SCF
- Kathy Braund, HCCFL
- Erica Tyler, GCSC
- Dean DeBolt, UWF
- Brooke Bowers, UWF
- Sara Duff, GCSC
- Kaleena Rivera, FGCU
Fall 2013 training sessions
Links to recordings of Islandora Training Sessions
The following links lead to recordings of Islandora training sessions. They are not training videos as such, but rather recordings of live training sessions done via AdobeConnect or Blackboard Collaborate.
Cohort 2 Training
- Title: Islandora training, Part 1 Nov. 25, 2013 (Cohort 2)
- Duration: 01:32:16
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p5jkeo36c7d/
- Title: Islandora training, Part 2, Dec. 2, 2013 (Cohort 2)
- Duration: 01:24:11
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p56t0hws5mt/
Cohort 1 Training
- Title: FL-Islandora training, Part I, Recorded 10/15/2013
- Duration: 01:11:51
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p1q15xflgqu/
- Title: Islandora training, Part II, Recorded 10/22/2013
- Duration: 01:16:16
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p2mn658i2ir/
- Title: Islandora training, Part III, Recorded 11-12-2013
- Duration: 01:16:16
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p76eq0kpvk8/
Follow-up notes by Priscilla on Training Part III, posted 11/13/2013
1. When I put an Object Viewing policy on Penguins the object remained in the index for public viewing. This is because a configuration option was set wrong on islandora7t. It has been corrected and Object Viewing policies correctly suppress objects from indexing now. You can play with it in islandora7t.
2. When I created an Audio object with Simple MODS, the defaults in the template did not take effect. This is because I associated the template with Full MODS and Audio. When created with Full MODS you can see the defaults.
3. The template I used to provide audio defaults is attached. To make your own template, keep the stuff at the top of the audio template and insert whatever XML you want to default. If unsure what the XML should look like, create a MODS record online that contains the fields and values you want defaulted. Then go to that object and click Manage, Datastreams, and download the MODS record you just made. You can copy and paste the XML from that. As always, if you need help, put in a ticket.
4. Mike thought I was unclear about this, so just to reiterate – when you change a collection name using Manage, Properties, it does NOT also change the collection PID. The PID always stays the same.
- Title: Workflow: From spreadsheet to Islandora, Recorded 2/204
- URL for Viewing: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p9rzlxz5u45/