Available Solution Packs
The following Solution Packs are available for installation:
- Basic Image https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA113/basic+image+solution+pack
- This is the only SP available in the Drupal 7 Sandbox. The rest are to follow.
- Large Image https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA113/large+image+solution+pack
- Book https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA113/books+solution+pack
- PDF https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA113/PDF+Solution+Pack
- Audio https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA113/audio+solution+pack
- Video https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA6121/Video+Solution+Pack
- Islandora Scholar and Entities
Solution Packs under Development
These Solution Packs are in development:
- document by UPEI (no ETA)
- ETD by the University of Northern British Columbia (fall 2012)
- Chemistry: https://github.com/rwincewicz/islandora_solution_pack_chemistry
- Digital Humanities including TEI editing, Image markup, versioning, publication (by Dalhousie University EMiC contract to DGI). Will be released in the next 6.x release this fall. The 6.x DH solution pack functionality will also make its way into the 7.x release of Islandora. http://editingmodernism.ca/2011/09/commonwealth-of-modernist-studies/
Potential Solution Packs
Features being developed elsewhere that may become Solution Packs:
- Oral history (by UCLA contract to DGI due 6/2013, will be integrated into Islandora Core no ETA)
- IR access permissions (by CARL contract to DGI, they think will be integrated into Islandora Core no ETA)
- IR submission/approval workflow (by CARL contract to DG, still in process)
- Related images (by CARL) http://uwyo.coalliance.org/fedora/repository/wyu:398
- After Mark’s summing up of Islandora Camp last week I got to thinking about the ‘more geo stuff’ part. Thise who saw my talk will know that we have to comply with the EU Inspire Directive which is all about geospatial data, all our research data must be compatible with this and therefore uses the ISO19100 series of standards.
- We had intended to make use of Open Geo Suite as a part of our project, this is the open source suite of tools developed by the same people who developed GML, KML and GeoRSS (http://opengeo.org/products/suite/), it’s really simple to install, so I’m now thinking about how to make use of it in an Islandora GIS Solution Pack, would anyone else be interested in this? It would be something we’d not be in a position to begin work on until next spring but in the meantime I’d be happy to collect use-cases for such a project.
- Dr Michael Haft
- Bioinformatics and Web Development Manager
- Tel: +44(0)1539487716
- Fax: +44(0)1539446914
- Email: email@example.com
- A little while back I created a Web ARCive Solution Pack. This particular solution pack provides the necessary Fedora objects for persisting and disseminating web archive objects; warc files.
- This is just Drupal 6 right now. I can work on a Drupal 7 version soonish. The caveat to using the Drupal 6 version of this module is the mimetype support. It looks like the Drupal 6 API (file_get_mimetype) doesn't pull the correct mimetype for warc file. I should get 'application/warc' but I am getting 'application/octet-stream' -- the fallback default for the api.
- The SP allows a user to upload warc with an associated MODS record. Once the object is deposited, the associated metadata is displayed along with a download link to the warc file.
- Dissemination is a little tricky here since the AIP and DIP object are the same thing. Informed my a couple conversations with researchers who are working with warcs, I'd like to make the warc available for download. (One dissemination option.) The other dissemination option I'd like to incorporate is the Wayback machine: 1) iFrame a Wayback Machine page of a given warc in the object tab (dont't like this idea so much) or 2) look at this with an archival lens using a collection object for a site that is harvested, and linking out to a Wayback machine query for that site which lists all of the dates available, then the collection object would hold all of the individual warc objects.
- If I am doing something obviously wrong, please let me know! OR, if you have comments, critiques, share away here. Also, feel free to fork, commit, etc.
-  https://github.com/ruebot/islandora_solution_pack_web_archive
-  http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/includes%21file.inc/function/file_get_mimetype/6
- Nick Ruest <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- CARL interested in VRA Core form