ISG Meeting Notes pubwiki

From Islandora

Jump to: navigation, search

ISG meets monthly, on the fourth Tuesday of every month.

Contents

January 24, 2017

Agenda:

  • Updates on enhancements:
  • Other changes/problem fixes/work in progress:
    • Sharing individual objects with PALMM (bug fix, CAS-76703): IN PRODUCTION
    • language code authority: limit to ISO639-2b? (bug fix, CAS-70482)
    • Disabled upload of PDFs for paged objects.
    • Work continues on new Blazegraph triplestore for enhanced performance.
    • Islandora new release code upgrade project tent. scheduled to begin in February 2017. Must be done.
    • Integration of Islandora and the FDA feasibility project (https://islanddev.flvc.org/node/24) tent. scheduled to begin in April 2017.

December 27, 2016 - CANCELLED

November 22, 2016 - CANCELLED

October 25, 2016

Agenda:

  • Review and prioritization of outstanding enhancement requests: See http://islanddev.flvc.org for enhancements labelled "New Request".

September 27, 2016

Recording of this meeting: https://us.bbcollab.com/recording/F180850365F13A4EA8B6F4EBAEE85A5B

Agenda:

August 23, 2016

Video link (for 1pm August 23): https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/guest/2C0E4791545E09F8C61CACEBEBD8F0BB

Agenda:

  • Demo the ir-test Islandora site: https://ir-test.digital.flvc.org (Everyone who was at the FLIIRT meeting has a login, and anyone else who wants a login can get one.)
  • Update on what FLVC's developers are doing. We've prioritized tasks, and you'll get a report on that.

June 28, 2016

Recording of this call: https://us.bbcollab.com/recording/9ED882AE86E4735E7E519D5A204DDBE3

Agenda:

  • News from the NextGen ILS Discovery Configuration Working Group re: inclusion of digital collections
    • Mechanism will be OAI-PMH harvesting
    • Assumption is that all Mango digital collections will be included at "go live"
  • FL-Islandora IR Camp: July 25-26
  • Adding "Title" to Advanced Search options:
    20. Islandora Advanced Search site-wide options:
    4/29/13 ltm; for ISG review and approval
    
    The site-wide Advanced Search pull-down options should include:
    
    1) Full text 
    2) Anywhere in the citation (ltm: metadata + full text)
    3) Anywhere ( metadata and full text )
    
    Other default site-wide Advanced Search pull-down options would include:
    4) Title
    5) Name
    6) Submitting Institution
    7) Owning Institution
    8) Date Created
    9) Date Issued
    
    4/30/13: per ISG, more fields might be helpful.  Suggestions:
    Format, Creator, Publisher, Subject, ID?  The Advanced Search pull-down can most likely be customized by site, with consensus necessary for shared sites such as PALMM.


    • Do any institutions not want Title added to Advanced Search?
  • FL-Islandora PALMM statistics
    • FLVC will provide reports, since individual contributors don't have GA access to the site
    • For FY 16/17 we'd like to implemented Islandora Usage Statistics to produce reports:
      • Islandora Usage Statistics store page views and datastream downloads in an Islandora/Drupal database from which reports can be produced.
      • Previous (DigiTool) PALMM reports were simple: Collection Code, Collection Name, # of views.
    • See https://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org as a staff user, collection Manage tab, for an example of real-time statistics.

May 23, 2016

Recording of this call: https://us.bbcollab.com/recording/DFFD2346C74B29F4676DB90A1AE3714C

Agenda:

  • Update from FLVC:
    • Site visits: June 13, HCC
    • More memory added to Islandora production server this past weekend.
    • Other improvements on the way.
  • Update from FL-Islandora Camp:
    • CLAW release:
      • beta version next month (large image CM only)
      • utilizes Fedora 4
    • Schedule and link to presentations: http://islandora.ca/content/icampfl-schedule
    • FL-Islandora attendees:
      • Kathy Braund, HCC
      • Devin Soper, FSU
      • Favenzio Calvo, FSU
      • Gail Lewis, FLVC
      • Gary Phillips, FLVC
      • Jean Phillips, FSU
      • Joanne Parandjuk, FAU
      • Lydia Motyka, FLVC
      • Melissa VandeBurgt, FGCU
      • Amanda Yesilbas, FLVC
      • Kaleena Rivera, FGCU
  • Statistics: Google Analytics demo
  • "FL-Islandora IR Camp" (tent. July 18-19)
  • Because IIDs are used to create PURLs, it's important that only one IID exist per record. Current MODS forms will "unintentionally" populate blank identifier @type with @type="IID". Suggestion: separate identifier @type="IID" from other identifiers in MODS form. (demo)
  • Continued discussion of "Owning Institution" element and validation.

April 26, 2016

Reminder: the next meeting after the April 26 meeting will be Tuesday, May 24. ISG meetings will now be held on the 4th Tuesday of every month.

Agenda:

  • New and production sites:
    • Namespace enforcement: a couple code changes have been made to accommodate our architecture so that namespace enforcement can begin on the Production server. You'll be notified when namespace enforcement has been implemented on your site.
    • Creator facet/Name indexing changes implemented in FSU production (FSU requested this change) and on all test sites. We'll proceed with implementing on production sites and will notify you when the switch is made.
  • Data migrations:
    • New project - Florida Digital Newspaper Library feasibility project: This project is intended to explore the feasibility of migrating Florida Digital Newspaper Library materials from Sobek into FL-Islandora by extracting from Sobek, converting, and loading a single sample newspaper title and all of its issues into FL-Islandora (the Florida Digital Newspaper Library test instance), followed by subsequent testing of FL-Islandora newspaper functionality. UF has suggested that the “Bradford County Telegraph” (http:/ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00027795) from the Florida Digital Newspaper Library collection would make a good test set from UF’s Sobek platform. The “Bradford County Telegraph” newspaper consists of 5,281 issues.
  • New development:
    • Improvement to usage statistics: any recommendations/needs?
    • Revisiting validation questions/actions:
      • Duplicate IIDs: Should an incoming MODS record be rejected if its IID duplicates an IID of an existing record? Or, should it be treated as a warning?
      • Owning Institution: Should it be assumed that the Owning Institution is always the institution to which the FL-Islandora site belongs, or would an Owning Institution ever be different from the site owner? (This brings into question the issue of ownership of digital objects vs. the physical original, etc.). The need to tighten up the definition/user of "Owning Institution" and have FL-Islandora behave accordingly.

April 12, 2016

Recording of this call: https://sas.elluminate.com/collab/ui/scheduler/resource/recording/88510E91733A6B62A9C1324F62CE25AD


Agenda:

  • Track 1: new and production sites
    • Any feedback/problems with production server code upgrade to version 7.x-1.6 on 3/20/16? No problems have been reported.
    • Observations on new PDF to page image functions in books and newspapers:
      • Direct load of PDF is much faster and takes up less space
      • PDF is converted to TIF page images and derivatives
      • Two possible best use cases:
        • If Book CM page-turning is absolutely desirable (historic books, short)
        • For newspapers with PDF issues, to normalize issues into page images so that they can be accommodated in the display tree.
  • Track 2: data migrations
    • UWF Lyrasis to FL-Islandora project is complete.
  • Track 3: new development
    • Name indexing changes (re-indexing in process)
    • Fix installed April 9: From an institutional site, collection links under object Manage->Overview to a PALMM collection would display the PALMM collection with owning site theming. (Reported by FAU, fixed)
    • Questions for ISG re: batch MODS replace (feasibility stage):
      • Would an upload button/tab (similar to ZIP load process) be desirable?
      • Proposed input format: zip file of MODS XML files named [islandora PID].xml, e.g. fsu_1321.xml
      • If the MODS is valid per MODS schema, MODS will always be loaded in entirety. If FLVC requirements aren't met (presence of a PURL, IID with a valid character set, owningInstitution, etc., warnings will be issued.
      • Proposed treatment of warnings: report in Offline Batch Ingest Admin interface and not email. With large batches email could be flooded and would be difficult to manage. Advantage: the Admin interface links directly to the object in Islandora, so fixes would go quickly.
      • Question: If owningInstitution isn't present in the MODS, should FLVC supply it based on the PID (e.g., PID fsu_1321.xml would receive owningInstitution FSU), or should a warning just be issued to fix later?
      • Question: If IID duplicates one already in a different object, we propose to modify the identifier @type="IID" to identifier @type="duplicate_IID", for clarity, ease of correction, and integrity of the database.
    • Islandora namespace enforcement:
      • Namespace enforcement has been implemented on all test sites. Production enforcement will be implemented after all objects with inappropriate namespaces are reported and cleaned up. The only acceptable namespace that can be used is the one associated with your FL-Islandora site. Examples:
      • Advantages: you will absolutely not be able to "accidentally" edit/delete another site's objects. During the course of new release testing FLVC has discovered a number of "back door" methods for deleting/editing/linking to Compound objects of another site's objects.
    • MODS validation enhancements:
      • Making validation of MODS consistent among input methods
      • MODS files valid against the MODS schema will always be loaded in their entirety (It's not "fair" to users who pre-validate their MODS if we don't load the MODS because FLVC-specific requirements aren't met.
      • MODS files that aren't well-formed XML or valid against the MODS schema will never load and errors will be issued.
      • MODS files that don't meet FLVC requirements, "non-fatal errors" (e.g., a unique IID with valid character set, owningInstitution, etc.) will be loaded, but a warning email will be sent to the owning individual for correction.
      • Because IIDs are used to create PURLs, it's important that only one IID exist per record. Current MODS forms will "unintentionally" populate blank identifier @type with @type="IID". Suggestion: separate identifier @type="IID" from other identifiers in MODS form. (demo)


Question: Should we meet monthly now? ISG answer: Yes. Next meeting will be April 26th, thereafter we'll meet on the 4th Tuesday of every month.

March 15, 2016

Agenda:

  • Track 1: new and production sites
    • UWF FL-Islandora is now public! http://uwf.digital.flvc.org
    • Islandora code upgrade Sunday March 20, 6am - 10am, periods of FL-Islandora sites being offline
      • Thereafter available to the public
      • Please no edits/new loads on Monday until you receive notification from FLVC
  • Track 2: data migrations
    • GCSC: no change
    • UWF migration completed
  • Track 3: new development
    • FSU has requested the ability to batch-update MODS records

March 1, 2016

Recording of this call: https://sas.elluminate.com/collab/ui/scheduler/resource/recording/0CA8B96FF7B5B1AB828F5CC13034D274

Agenda:

  • Track 1: new and production sites
    • Format Facets in Mango: changes implemented in Mango test instance: http://testcat.fcla.edu/alephtest/
      • Click on Search to perform an empty search
      • Click on the plus sign to the left of the Subcollection facet
      • Click on the plus sign to the left of the Format facet
      • Scroll down to "Still Image" and click to note changes to the icon
      • Scroll down to "Text" and click and note changes to the icon
  • Track 2: data migrations
    • UWF Lyrasis migration: almost complete
    • GCSC no change
  • Track 3: new development
    • Upgrade to latest Islandora version, 7.x-1.6:
      • new codeinstalled on development and islandora-test
      • testing is finished on development server
      • FLVC testing is still underway on test server, so please don't add content to islandora-test.digital.flvc.org yet! (Soon)
      • tentative date for production install: Sunday, March 20.
    • New features/changes in 7.x-1.6:
      • Collections: MODS form
      • Collections: ability to change Content Model prompt (could be confusing)
      • Books and newspapers: ability to extract page images from PDFs
      • Newspapers:
        • Stricter dateIssued requirements YYYY-MM-DD (not enforced via MODS form; FLVC is attempting to do so)
        • ISSUES MISSING A DATEISSUED FIELD
      • Various other changes with no direct effect on current configuration, to be explored by FLVC:
        • Possibly a Compound Object ZIP loader (not documented)
        • PDF Content Model: ability to create PDF/A archival derivative from PDF on ingest (helpful for implementations using Islandora preservation functions; FL-Islandora does not)

February 2, 2016

Recording from this meeting: https://sas.elluminate.com/collab/ui/scheduler/resource/recording/0FE11AF707DDD5AA01EC3C1BEA95F2A4

Reminder: Islandora Camp Florida (May 4-6) early bird registration ends Feb. 15: http://islandora.ca/camps/fl2016

Agenda:

  • Track 1: new and production sites
    • Format Facets in Mango: Question for ISG re: icons:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/123dOWAotT5YIevZexTpd62iGmm1QqQ0qVkraI4mKctU/edit?usp=sharing

  • Track 2: data migrations
    • A sample PDF newspaper has been loaded into fdnl-test.digital.flvc.org. More to be added, pending information from UF.
    • UWF Lyrasis migration: underway
    • GCSC no change
  • Track 3: new development
    • Suggested enhancement of Full Description display to include additional citation information (FSU request, FSU working on prototype)
    • pilot project with FGCU to allow Omeka access to FL-Islandora repository (FGCU objects only) to create exhibits
    • Beginning upgrade of development server to the latest release of Islandora code, 7.x-1.6. It will be a few weeks before the code is on the production server. Details of notable changes will be forthcoming.

January 19, 2016

Recording from today's meeting: https://sas.elluminate.com/collab/ui/scheduler/resource/recording/BBB70C4DBFFBD52BDEBE5C02694929D1

Agenda:

January 5, 2016

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p63f0qassis/

Agenda:

Format facets in FL-Islandora and recommended icons for Mango

  • Image (JPEG2000) - a JPEG icon?
  • Document (PDF) - a PDF/Adobe icon? Pdf.gif? (this image is on the Mango server but possibly never used.)
  • Thesis - ebook.gif? or PDF?
  • Image (JPEG) - a JPEG icon?
  • E-book - ebook.gif
  • Citation - PDF/Adobe icon?
  • Set of related objects - collection.gif?
  • Video file - streaming.gif
  • Newspaper - newspaper.gif
  • Downloadable file
  • Serial - ejournal.gif
  • Audio file - audio.gif

Joanne from FAU suggested that "Set of related objects" might best be broken down into component formats. (Since this sort of faceting isn't available in Islandora it may be difficult to accomplish in Mango as metadata for only the "parent" Compound Object in Islandora is sent to Mango.)

Added 1-6-16: Mango Format Facet Values: Provided by Jean Phillips (Note: This list doesn't appear to be entirely current. The descriptive text next to the format icon does not use these terms. That text is determined via a separate algorithm.)

  • Book
  • Fiction
  • Biography, Autobiography
  • Musical Score
  • Map
  • Globe
  • Film
  • Video (all formats)
  • Video (Beta)
  • Video (VHS)
  • Video (Umatic)
  • Video (Laserdisc)
  • Video (DVD)
  • Slide
  • 2D Nonprojectable Graphic
  • Kit
  • 3D Artifact
  • Media
  • Projected Medium
  • Sound Recording
  • Music
  • Audiocassette
  • LP
  • CD
  • Mixed Materials
  • Serial
  • Newspaper
  • Journal
  • Analytic
  • Collection
  • Integrating Resource
  • Govt Publication
  • Archival Control
  • Manuscript
  • Software
  • Microform
  • Looseleaf
  • Large Print
  • Braille

(The above list appears to be incomplete)

Note that the above values are obtained from a combination of MARC LDR byte 06 and 07 values, as well as MARC 008 and 007 values. In FL-Islandora, these values are mapped from MODS <typeOfResource> and <genre> values.

December 22, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p69sptdq8jy/

Google Doc for comments on enhancing FL-Islandora Newspaper functionality: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hl4hjdDQ2L1m9HGsZJJmfrqHbFh9383acbgTfmXn0CA/edit?usp=sharing

Agenda:

  • Preview of new FL-Islandora documentation wiki
  • MODS validation. Question for ISG re: inserting validation into object load process (Questions for ISG #38: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I6OlaFZBfo-hOYhRnqBekLyZxo9pOSXHwEg2M9Q-__8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#)
  • FL-Islandora newspaper functionality:
    • Review of current FL-Islandora newspaper functionality
    • An overview of the Florida Digital Newspaper Library and it's functionality
    • Open discussion on desirable features/enhancements to FL-Islandora newspaper functionality

November 24, 2015 CANCELLED

November 10, 2015

Tentative agenda:

October 27, 2015 CANCELLED

Cancelled due to DLF meeting

October 13, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p1uaao27pv2/

Agenda:

  • Reminder re: PURLs that still point at DigiTool target objects:
    • Library-created PURLs that point at DigiTool collections need to be updated to point at Islandora or new collection home. (Presumably these PURLs have been embedded into Aleph catalog records or elsewhere.)
    • DigiTool objects that migrated to Islandora put are not yet viewable by the public.
    • DigiTool Finding Aids/EADs
  • Training/demo of FL-Islandora collection information menu functionality. Link to slideshow.

September 29, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p5274e6rkug/

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • http://palmm.digital.flvc.org will be fully "live" on Sept. 30 (tomorrow). (The site is now open to the public because we've begun PURL target updates for non-public sites.):
    • Islandora Mango feeds (institutional and PALMM) will be viewable in the Mango production catalog by about 8am tomorrow. (DLU01 records will be omitted from the Mango feed, and this will omit metadata from non-Islandora PALMM collections.)
    • end users will be presented with a splash page for any PURL targets that still point at DigiTool or any attempts to access digitool.fcla.edu/* are made.
    • tonight there will be the following code changes:
      • PALMM site collection links will now display in the Full Description tab
      • Any updates to MODS datastreams, whether the source of the MODS was DigiTool or other, will check the PURL server and update PURLs as appropriate. (To date PURL updates were run in batch so as not to unintentially update PURLs that were still meant to point at Digitool for non-public FL-Islandora sites. Non-public FL-Islandora site PURLs will now point at the PALMM site, while public FL-Islandora PURLs point at the institutional site.)

Track 2, data migration:

  • A migration path for GCSC's newspaper collection to their FL-Islandora site is being investigated.
  • FLVC and UWF are investigating the possibility of migrating the non-PALMM materials on their Lyrasis-hosted site to the UWF FL-Islandora site and then making that site public.

Track 3, new development:

  • Search code to include retrieval of newspaper and serials issues from Islandora simple search went into production on September 20. This code will also retrieve individual articles in serials issues if they've been loaded as separate PDFs.
  • New development requests are being tracked on http://islanddev.flvc.org.
  • FLVC will be exploring the possibility of putting some Islandora Scholar features / Islandora institutional repository functionality into production. FSU has been FLVC's development partner in exploring the Islandora Scholar solution pack. (The intriguing Entities solution pack is separate from Islandora Scholar, but is often thought of as part of that functionality. The Entities Solution Pack This is why the more generic phrase "Islandora institutional repository functionality" will be used instead.)

PALMM

September 15, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p7sqntwso7s/

Agenda:

  • Ready to start scheduling basic Islandora Training via Collaborate. Beginner training vs. "Advanced topics"
  • Review comments and feedback on new simple search code that includes retrieval on newspaper issues and serials issues/articles.
  • Overview of Islandora to Mango process. PDF version of PowerPoint
  • Update on FL-Islandora PALMM site:
    • theming changes
    • collection links

September 1, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3mssb9pmhd/

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • Work continues on Islandora Mango feed testing for FAMU, UCF, FAU and FL-Islandora PALMM.

Track 2, data migration:

  • DigiTool inventories and cleanup work continue. Target date to remove DigiTool from public access: Sept. 30. (DigiTool will still be available internally until at least Dec. 31, 2015)

Track 3, new development:

  • Requested development to allow retrieval of newspaper and serials issues via simple search has been implemented in islandora-test. See http://islanddev.flvc.org/node/22 for details. Is this code adequate to go into production?
    • Demo: in http://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org, Search in "All Collections" for "The Strobe". Note that this retrieves the newspaper title both in the newspaper parent and in all issues. Search again for "Strobe 1991" and note that only 1991 issues are retrieved.
    • Demo: in http://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org, Search in "All Collections" for "Everglades Natural History". Note that 1 Serial (title) record is retrieved, along with 3 "Serial component" format records. These are serials issues with article-level PDFs as children.
    • Demo: in http://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org, Search in "All Collections" for "Curtis Moore". Note that 3 PDF serial articles are retrieved. Click on one of the articles and observe the display and navigation to the entire issue and serial title.
    • Demo: in http://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org, Search in "All Collections" for "Florida Historical Quarterly". Note that two Format Serial objects, 1 format Serial component object and 15 format PDF objects are retrieved. (PDF objects represent an issue-level PDF in this case)
    • Note that when newspaper issues and serials issues/articles are retrieved no collection facets are displayed for those objects, since serials issues/articles and newspaper issues do not contain collection metadata. Only newspaper titles/serials titles have collection metadata (see RELS-EXT datastreams).
  • Additional new development requests?


PALMM

  • We expect to have some basic theming changes made to FL-Islandora PALMM by Sept. 9; logo discussion will be taken to the newly-approved DISC PALMM Subcommittee.

August 25, 2015

Only 2 ISG members attended this meeting so it was postponed to either Aug. 18 or Aug. 25. An email will be sent with the exact date.

Agenda:

Report from Islandora Conference

  • Link to program/presentations: http://islandora.ca/camps/conference2015/schedule
  • Boston College's work on Islandora Scholar/ETD workflow
  • New versions: Fedora 4/Islandora 7.x 2.x
  • IR Interest Group
  • Preservation Interest Group
  • ContentDM migration

Track 1, new and production sites:

Track 2, data migration:

  • DigiTool/Islandora inventory still underway

Track 3, new development:

  • Additional development priorities for http://islanddev.flvc.org
  • The latest Islandora version will be installed on the FLVC development server ("HEAD" version) to explore available new features.
  • Downloading videos/audio files from Compound Object display (FAU request). Example: http://digitaldu.coalliance.org/fedora/repository/codu:63656
  • Suggestion to include newspaper and serials issues in simple search:
    • empty search - exclude objects that are not title-level
    • query search - include additional child objects, such as newspaper issues, serial issues.


PALMM:

August 11, 2015 - POSTPONED

July 21, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p7ohj3t3cz9/

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • Palm Beach State College has requested an Islandora test site.

Track 2, data migration:

  • DigiTool inventories and comparisons with Islandora objects are underway
  • Misc. clean-up tasks throughout the summer

Track 3, new development:

FL-Islandora PALMM:

  • The FL-Islandora PALMM site is almost fully populated ("shared")
  • FL-Islandora PALMM vs. "DigiTool PALMM":
    • Because of collections that didn't migrate to Islandora, FL-Islandora PALMM will have approx. 28,000 objects vs. > 40,000 PALMM objects in DigiTool
    • Neither "DigiTool PALMM" nor FL-Islandora PALMM offer federated searching of all objects hosted on the platform.
  • ISG members should have access without requiring login: http://palmm.digital.flvc.org
  • Compare your objects in FL-Islandora PALMM vs. your institutional sites.
  • PALMM information on public DISC wiki: https://discpublic.wiki.flvc.org/wiki/index.php/PALMM_-_Publication_of_Archival_Library_%26_Museum_Materials
  • Our current focus is to "theme" the site and make it as informative and user-friendly as we can:
    • Possible added options to top toolbar (implemented in palmm-test but not in production)
    • Slide show vs. descriptive text
    • How to indicate that FL-Islandora PALMM is only a subset of all PALMM collections?

July 7, 2015 CANCELLED

June 23, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p5cty79t3b0/

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • St. Petersburg College now has an Islandora test site

Track 2, data migration:

  • UF migration: about 200-300 objects still remain to be migrated from DigiTool. A second, FLVC-staff batch load server has been created.
  • Misc. post-migration cleanup projects remain to wrap up the migration:
    • Creation of "skipped" OCR files
    • Replacement of DigiTool MODS with DLU01 MODS
    • Islandora to Mango feeds
    • FL-Islandora PALMM, etc.

Track 3, new development:

  • Work on reports and statistics will pause approx. middle of July, and focus will turn to Islandora performance and scaling, and misc. work to "stabilize" Islandora.
  • Training materials/documentation is under review for renewed training efforts.
  • Review of available new features and development priorities.

PALMM:

June 9, 2015

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • Feedback on "Reports" tab
  • Demo of Google Analytics/discussion of next steps

Track 2, data migration:

  • UCF is public
  • 5 DigiTool newspapers have been migrated to Islandora, the last step of the migration for a number of sites
  • UF migration continues

Track 3, new development:

PALMM production site:

May 26, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p9trex7b0uf/

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • Feedback on "Reports" tab

Track 2, data migration:

  • UF's DigiTool migration is more than half completed.

Track 3, new development:

  • The newspapers offline ingest code will go into production today.

FL-Islandora PALMM:

May 12, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p1tkrvm0wc0/

Agenda:

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • We're preparing to begin "sharing" PALMM materials from institutional sites to the PALMM production site.

Track 2, data migration:

  • UWF's DigiTool migration has been completed and pending final review and resolution of a handful of outlier objects.
  • UF's migration is actively underway
  • Migration of all other materials in complete, with the exception of serials, newspapers, and a handful of other materials.
  • The first pass of migrating palmm.fcla.edu descriptive web pages is underway.

Track 3, new development:

  • A reminder that the "Report" tab for collection counts is available on the production server and is found on site home/root collection pages. Please test this out and send FLVC feedback.
  • Newspapers batch loader status

FL-Islandora PALMM

April 28, 2015 CANCELLED

Announcements sent via email:

  • Gail has corrected an Islandora newspaper content model problem with the “next” and “previous” issue buttons and that code is in production and the Islandora open source community has been alerted.
  • We’ve set up a second Islandora loading server to be used by FLVC staff for migrations. Previously FLVC staff and unattended batch ingest users shared the same server, so this will remove the competition for system resources for our unattended batch ingest users.
  • The UWF DigiTool to Islandora migration is finished and under FLVC review before turning it over to UWF.
  • Work on the newspapers batch loader still continues.

April 14, 2015

Agenda

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • reminder to contact FLVC if you're anticipating doing video zip importer loads
  • sheet music display labels issue has been resolved and the code is ready for production.
  • work continues on production server performance monitoring/enhancement.

Track 2, data migrations:

  • FAU, UNF, USF data loads continue. USF newspaper is prepared for batch loading.
  • UF production migration has begun, using MARCXML from Sobek in lieu of DigiTool descriptive metadata.

Track 3, new development:

  • expanded collection information page display is in production.
  • update on FSU's work on Islandora Scholar.
  • update on newspapers batch loader.

March 31, 2015

Agenda

Track 1, new and production sites:

Track 2, data migrations:

  • FAU, UNF, USF data loads continue
  • UF Sobek MARCXML substitution project still underway

Track 3, new development:

  • Fix for duplicate book pages is now in production: reload of migrated books
  • Simple search/view all items doesn't retrieve individual newspaper and serial issues:
    • should it?
    • "view all items" vs. search using search terms
  • Simple search doesn't include full text keyword retrieval:
    • should it?

March 17, 2015

Agenda

Track 1, new and production sites:

  • RAM added to production server over the weekend.
  • New monitoring scripts

Track 2, data migration:

  • PALMM materials migration continues.

Track 3, new development:

  • Metadata search and browse is enabled on the advanced search page on all production sites, only visible to roles authenticated user and administrator.
  • Inventory reports/object counts via Solr: code is in production but collection counts will be zero until production indexing is adjusted.
  • New IID character validation in production and the relationship between IID and system-created PURLS.
    • IIDs must only contain characters valid in PURLs (alphanumeric, underscore, hyphen, parentheses, period)
    • Other characters can break or confuse a URL (e.g., space / & # % =)
    • Reports of invalid PURLs.
  • "Related Links/collection information pages" testing results and progress.

March 3, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3b3obhxhfx/

Agenda

Track 1:

  • Recent Islandora problems/Fedora restarts
  • USF non-public production site has been created and the migration begun.

Track 2, data migration in progress:

  • FAU PALMM FHP books and FAU01 compound objects
  • UNF PALMM FHP books
  • UWF PALMM FHP books and West Florida Photohistory
  • USF PALMM FHP books and serials

Track 3, new development:

February 17, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3mssb5j5tj/

Agenda

FGCU announcement (Melissa)

Track 1:

  • UWF non-public production site has been set up and FHP collection is being migrated.
  • Lake Sumter State College production site has been set up.
  • next site: USF non-public production site. (USF test site is in the process of being set up.)

Track 2:

  • FIU PALMM FEOL books load has been completed
  • FAU PALMM FHP books load has resumed
  • UNF PALMM FHP books load has begun

Track 3:

February 3, 2015

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p7anur0j58z/

Agenda

GNV office renovations next 3-4 weeks.

Track 1:

  • Islandora v.7.14 in production 1/25/15. Post-upgrade fallout.
    • XACML inheritance/permissions bug in newspapers.
  • UNF non-public production site has been set up.
  • Work on LSSC production site is underway.
  • Continuation of Compound Object child retrieval question. Odd behavior in FSU collection post-upgrade. DECISION: We currently have no need to change the Compound Object configuration to display child objects in search results, so no change will be implemented. The Islandora test site configuration has been set back to current production settings.

Track 2:

  • Preparing for UNF PALMM load.
  • FIU PALMM books load has resumed.
  • FAU compound objects and FHP books being migrated.
  • FGCU Islandora to Mango (Lydia):
    • Omitting DLU01 records from Mango feeds. ACTION ITEM: DLU01 metadata will be omitted from the next reload of the Mango test catalog and email will be sent to the group to evaluate the results and determine if the DLU01 Mango feed could be entirely discontinued.

Track 3:

  • "Islandora Bookmark" on islandora-test server (Lydia) ACTION ITEM: Please play with the functionality and let us know what you think.
  • Misc. display code changes (Mike)
    • titleInfo displayLabel attribute displays in place of label rather than behind it? DECISION: In place of.
    • note elements with matching displayLabel values to list under a single label? DECISION: Yes, displayLabel values to list under a single label.
  • New MODS form for newspaper issues that will require dataIssued? (Lydia) ACTION ITEM: ISG agrees that making "dateIssued" MODS element required is a good idea; FLVC to determine the best way to implement this.

January 20, 2015

Agenda

Track 1:

  • UNF test site created and the production site is being set up in preparation for loading collaborative PALMM collections.
  • Compound Object child retrieval question - test server will be changed to retrieve child objects from compound objects and discussion will continue.
  • Question for ISG: Should we remove failed OCR warnings from Ingest Reports database?

Track 2:

  • FAU compound objects and FHP books being migrated.
  • FIU books packages being "massaged" and load will resume shortly.
  • UF FHP books migration underway, including replacement MARCXML files from Sobek.

Track 3:

December 16, 2014 CANCELLED

November 18, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p4rkaktv4jz/

Agenda:

Track 1: New and Production Sites

  • Update on Statewide Digital Action Plan (Lee)
  • FIU production site
  • Other PALMM-only non-public sites
  • Adding Creator to search results display for all sites? (see fau.digital.flvc.org)

Track 2: Data Migration

  • PALMM collections
  • Serials migration

Track 3: New Development

Round Robin

November 4, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3qp5mypaja/

Agenda:

Track 1: New and Production Sites

  • Progress on Islandora to Mango loads, demo

Track 2: Data Migration

  • Directive to discontinue DigiTool use in early 2015.
  • Test loading of FIU's FHP and FEOL collaborative PALMM collections is underway. A production site has been requested in preparation for the production load.
  • FAMU serials migration continues

Track 3: New Development

  • Update on Oral Histories module
  • Update on Drexel EAD module
  • Demo: Test site for Excel to MODS transformer is up and ready for testing: http://transformer-test.fcla.edu/
    • Contact Lydia for login/password

October 21, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p2yp1jdx9sv/

Agenda:

Track 1: New and Production Sites:

  • UF now has a production site
  • State College of Florida test site requested/created
  • setup of FIU's Islandora site for collaborative PALMM collections is underway

Track 2: Data Migration

  • UCF FHQ is migrated
  • UCF FHP books migrated and under review by FLVC
  • FAMU "Famuan" serial is being migrated
  • Preparation for loading of PALMM collaborative collections

Track 3: New Development

October 7, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p38z3ycnddx/

Agenda:

Track 1: New and Production Sites:


Track 2: Data migration

Track 3: New development

September 9, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3ldqqbtz0z/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • FGCU's FL-Islandora site went public Sept. 2: fgcu.digital.flvc.org. (Melissa) News from IslandoraCamp?
  • Hillsborough Community College now has a production site and plans to load their Ruskin Historical Collection
  • Serials code is now on the production server, and Serials module documentation is being tested.

Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • UCF has made modifications to its MODS metadata converted from DigiTool and their FHP books load is underway
  • FLVC has developed a migration path for DigiTool PDF serials:
    • UCF's DigiTool Florida Historical Quarterly will be migrated.
    • FAMU's serials will be migrated.
  • NCF and FSU have been removed from the digitool.fcla.edu collection pull-down (NCF DigiTool materials fully migrated into Sobek, FSU DigiTool materials fully migrated into FL-Islandora).

Track 3 - New Development:

  • Offline Batch Ingest beta testing is still ongoing
  • Islandora to Mango: test loading is underway (FAU and FGCU).
  • Status of Excel to MODS Transformer: https://islandora.pubwiki.fcla.edu/wiki/index.php/DL:MODS_Transformer:
    • Final Excel template available from above link
    • FLVC is in the process of installing the service on a public-facing server
    • While service installation is in progress Excel spreadsheets can be sent to FLVC for conversion (Please email help@flvc.org and note that this is an Islandora case).
  • Question: for offline batch newspaper loading would METS be an acceptable container?

August 26, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p4mln2cdstn/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • Question re: Physical Form hierarchy of display elements by authority attribute. Values: marcform, gmd, marccategory, marcsmd:
    • FSU only retains marcauthority="gmd". (Not valid in RDA)
    • Decided: display form authority="marccategory", if not found form element with no authority attribute.
  • Suppressing geographicCode authority="marcgac" from Full Description display
  • Language field in Full Description display. List with separate 'Language' label (default), single label with comma separate values, or single label with stacked values?
  • languageTerm display in Full Description. Display languageTerm type="code" values IF languageTerm type="text" is not present?
  • Combine languageTerm type "code" and "text" values under single solr label in facets?
  • Islandora code upgrade is underway to bring FL-Islandora code up to current code.

Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • Migration of EADs from DigiTool and EADs in Islandora (UCLA project)
  • Test migration of UF DigiTool materials to Islandora has begun.

Track 3 - New development:

  • FLVC investigating Islandora Scholar module with two new Islandora team members: Bryan Brown (FSU) and John Aedo (UCF).
  • Status of Offline Batch Ingest: FSU connectivity problems, need volunteers from UCF, FGCU, UF to test login.

August 12, 2014

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • zip loader capacity has been increased to 2GB per zip file (previous size was 1GB)
  • Hillsborough Community College's FL-Islandora test site has been created.

Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • FAU migration of PDF + MP3 compound objects is underway.
  • FGCU test load of Gatewood Diaries has begun.

Track 3 - New Development:

  1. Download default Excel template and select the columns to be used for your project (any column except for IID and title can be deleted, some columns can be repeated)
  2. Fill out the Excel spreadsheet with your metadata
  3. Submit to web application for conversion to MODS (correct as necessary per reported errors)
  4. Download .zip file of MODS files (one MODS file per row of spreadsheet)
  5. Load into Islandora via GUI .zip loader

July 29, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p6xjp6i3rqx/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • Hillsborough Community College has requested an Islandora site. First collection will be Ruskin Historical Project (70GB of documents and photos).
  • FGCU planning to go public in September.
  • Preparation for fall semester: submit issues and requests early as we're getting quite busy.
  • "Regenerate Derivatives" function in Production. Demo.

Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • FAMU migration complete and being reviewed.
  • FGCU migration consists of:
    • Approx. 2,000 DigiTool objects (migration almost done)
    • Detailed Excel metadata to be used in developing a "template" for Excel-to-MODS service
    • Approx. 7 volumes of "Gatewood Diaries" exported from Sobek in modified books format.

Track 3 - New Development:

  • Serials:
    • "Next/Prev" and "All Issues" implemented on islandora-test.flvc.org
    • "Expand All" being tested on development server
    • Question re: caption/number elements label - Part? (Title is properly used for serial title)
    • Caption/number, etc.implemented in Full MODS form but not yet displaying (see above)
  • Offline Ingest being tested by FLVC using test instances.
  • Islandora Scholar being evaluated (Mike Demers & FSU's Bryan Brown)

July 15, 2014 - CANCELLED

July 8, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p39bvcfy4vg/

Agenda:

Serials module

July 1, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p5gqbiwc0xq/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production sites:


Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • FAMU migration is almost complete.


Track 3 - New Development:

June 24, 2014 - Serials

Recording of this meeting: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p6yyqr5swqk/

Agenda:

Track 3 - New Development:

  • Changes made to Newspaper module to display newspaper title in Summary View and to display metadata in "Newspaper Details" tab. On production server 6/22/14.
  • Serials module:
    • Customized MODS forms for Serials titles, "Issue", "Article". See LOC examples:
    • Proposed changes to Serials tree view code:
      • Remove display of PDF objects from tree view. This will solve two problems: 1) the two-tiered display of serials issues 2) the confusing display of sections and articles. Limitation: the display will be limited to the caption/number (2 elements) available on the "Intermediate Management" table.
      • Left-click to display objects in tree view instead of right-click "Go To"
      • Serials tree view to look like Books TOC (remove folder icon, use plus signs to expand)
      • A "collapse all" button for the tree view
    • Discussion of displays (see Questions for ISG #36: Serials displays.)
    • Intermediate Management table: should "Update" return to table or close table? (workflow question): ISG undecided, wants to try module before making a decision.

June 17, 2014

Agenda:

Reminder: DISC meeting Thursday, 6/19/14 at 11am.

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • The new Islandora test server is substantially complete and almost ready for use.
  • "Name" facet has been modified to "Creator" on all test and production sites.
  • A problem discovered in some CMs that prevented replacement of Thumbnail data streams has been fixed on the test server and should be in production soon.
  • Google Analytics Site Search functionality that tracks search terms has been turned on for the FSU production site.
  • Omitting dates from name facets is being worked on in the development server.
  • "Name(s)" and "Note(s)" labels have been consolidated on the production server per the 6/3/14 ISG discussion.
  • Slide Shows can be created for Production Sites. See fsu.digital.flvc.org for FSU's slide show. Contact FLVC if your site would like to install a slide show.


Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • The first batch of Compound Objects has migrated to Islandora for FAU and discussions are underway for offline ingest batch loading of Compound Objects.
  • Unattended batch ingest was delayed, but we expect a beta version by the end of the week.

Track 3 - New Development:

  • A beta version of the Serials module was delivered to FLVC on 6/16/14 and is being tested on the development server.


June 3, 2014

Recording of this meeting: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p7sqntkgzyo/

Agenda:

A reminder that Digital Services surveys are due tomorrow (note that this is not the same survey as the library services satisfaction survey).

Track 1 - New and Production sites:

  • The new Islandora test server should be available in about a week. The new URL will be http://islandora-test.digital.flvc.org
  • Transformation changes moved to production 6/1/14:
    • A bug in the subject subfields was fixed (it would display the value of $c in both $c and $a)
    • A bug in the second indicator of subject fields was fixed
    • Bugs relating to nonfiling/nonSort characters were fixed (trailing spaces issues)
    • In the MARCXML to MODS transformation (these changes have been in use for the digitool migration but now they are in transformation the production sites use as well):
      • 69x maps to 65X subject fields
      • Added ‘sears’ authority
  • Various enhancement requests from FSU:
    • In the faceted display, could “Name” be changed to “Creator” or “Creator/Collaborator”? DECISION: Change to "Creator" and re-evaluate to determine if role should be added to the index for this facet.
    • FSU would like to add subject headings for Name--title, (ex. 600 10 Shakespeare, William $d 1564-1616. $t Macbeth) However there isn’t a title in the name subject area in the full MODS form. Could this be added? NO OBJECTIONS
    • For Compound Objects FSU is requesting that the object displays default to the Set Description tab instead of the Item Description tab, because often the Item-specific metadata is much briefer than the Set Description. NEEDS INVESTIGATION: the Summary Tab displays item-level metadata; could it display parent-level metadata?


Track 2 - Data Migration:

  • We expect a beta version of unattended batch ingest within the week. This will include load programs for the following Content Models: Basic Image, Large Image, Single PDF, Books.

Track 3 - New Development:

  • Binary Object theming is in production and configuration documentation is available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11WR3loYuOnXF_2cqN-fFebaM3rwegFHlFN-eQqCU_PU/edit?usp=sharing
  • Newspaper titles are displaying in the tree hierarchy view on Islandora development server
  • Changes on dev for "Name(s)" to display once when there are multiple Name elements. Notes are somewhat more complicated: For "Note" there's a complication. If someone has entered a displayLabel for a note, then that displayLabel is used as the label for that note. If I group all notes under "Note(s)" we lose the displayLabel. Is the order of display of notes important? The simplest thing would be to display all notes that do not have a displayLabel under "Note(s)", and then follow that with the notes that do have displayLabels.
  • Compound Object fixes on test server:
    • The Compound Object CM has been upgraded to the latest release on the DEV and TEST servers. This corrects a problem from the previous release that allowed users to link child object to non-compound object parents, and that created a lot of problems. Please test. Note that with Compound Objects it's always best to "compound" from a parent object, as the "compound" tab offers more options.
  • We hope to have a beta version of the Serials module for internal testing by early next week.

May 20, 2014

Recording of this meeting: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p5yt4lmjkpo/

Agenda:

General:

  • ISG meetings are now biweekly.
  • A survey of digital services will be coming out soon (substantial changes since the DISC call). DISC will be alerted when it's sent to MCLS. A report/recommendations to follow.

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Updates to production server on 5/18: addition of FlexSlider functionality to enable creation of slideshows (see fsu7t.fcla.edu for an example created by FSU):
    • documentation for slide show setup to be provided by FSU.
  • Islandora PIDs are now available in downloadable .CSV files
  • COOP server will require a period ingest moratorium during a weekend the final update to complete setup.
  • The test server is being reconstructed to clean up and add more disk and to set up test sites for each production site. The URLs will be site-test.digital.flvc.org
  • Unattended batch ingest moving forward again: hope to have a beta setup for the deposit directory in a week or so.

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • Investigation of DigiTool complex/compound object migration
  • DigiTool migrations continue


Track 3 - New Development:

May 6, 2014

Recording of this meeting: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p7sqntjrx7j/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • UF and Florida Digital Newspaper Archive sites on Islandora test server
  • Updates to production server Sunday 5/4/14:
    • MARCXML tab permissions
    • Title as subject Solr field added
  • Target date for FAU to "go public": mid-May

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • FAU preparing for going public

Track 3 - New Development:

April 22, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p235bhy0u6e/ Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Request from FSU: add title as subject to facets
    • This would require a new Solr field. Recommendation: implement just as the title field has been implemented, using nonSort, etc. RESOLVED: proceed with title as subject facet.
    • FLVC developer recommends building/merging all titles into one Solr field (include relatedItem)

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • 69X and 6XX 2nd indicator 8 changes have been implemented for DigiTool to Islandora migration (not yet implemented in direct MARCXML uploads)
  • FSU's DigiTool to Islandora migration is finished!


Track 3 - New Development:

  • Video Content Model display implemented on islandora7t.fcla.edu
  • Another look at: https://islanddev.flvc.org/
  • Statistics:
    • is number of views/searches by collection important?
    • defining statistical needs. See #31. FL-Islandora Usage Statistics

April 15, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p13cgqllkxo/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • metadata activity on the FL-Islandora listserv
  • no objections to 690 mapping to MODS <subject><topic>
  • no objections to 6XX 2nd ind. 8 mapping to <subject authority="sears">

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • FSU: last 10 books being loaded and then the DigiTool migration will be complete!
  • FAU: aiming to go public in early May, migration continues
  • UCF: attempting to correct MODS for DigiTool materials

Track 3 - New Development

  • update on statistics
  • Development priorities website prototype: http://islanddev.flvc.org/
    • public site has been created
    • a bit of security work needs to be completed before logins are issued and commenting can begin.

April 8, 2014 -- CANCELLED

April 1, 2014

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Creating a metadata subgroup for discussion of descriptive metadata issues: forms changes, mapping and transformations.

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • Migration is revealing a number of metadata mapping issues for discussion:
    • Mapping Dublin Core title leading articles "A ", "An ", "The " to MODS nonSort. RESOLVED: move ahead with implementing this enhancement
    • Mapping MARCXML 69X to MODS

Track 3 - New Development:

  • Binary Object CM thumbnail configuration as Islandora Site Administrator
  • Update on Islandora statistics project

March 25,2014

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Code changes on production server 3/16/14:
    • Adjustments to Title display in search results
    • OtherLogo won't display in Full Description
    • Question: should MODS physicalLocation (MARCXML 852 field) display a hot link? (The attribute xlink may be used to link to additional information about the entity recorded in <physicalLocation>, e.g. the institution's website.) MARCXML equivalent would be 852 $u.

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • FSU: final batches of DigiTool content have been extracted and migration is underway.

Track 3 - Development:

  • Binary Object Content Model is available on islandora7t server:
    • Thumbnails are customizable by site

March 10, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3u8rkgyqph/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Code changes on production server 3/9/14:
    • Collection-specific pull-downs went into production on 3/9/14. You may need to clear your browser's cache to see the change.
    • Minor correction to relateItem name display went into production on 3/9/14.
    • Compound Object display changes per ISG discussions.

Track 2 - Content Migration:

Track 3 - Development:

  • Review of Video Content Model testing on islandora7t.fcla.edu
  • Statistics:
    • Islandora Reports module on development server

March 4, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p3gf37r6u3a/

Agenda:

Track 1 - New and Production Sites:

  • Assembling next cohort for training
  • Search-related issues:
    • Advanced Search and collection pull-down are now site-specific on islandora7t: is this the behavior we want?
    • Should "simple search" include full=text search results? See #21 in "Questions for ISG"
    • "View all items" and empty simple search results lists now default to a title sort on all Islandora servers.
  • Contributing local documentation to islandora.pubwiki.fcla.edu

Track 2 - Content Migration:

  • FAMU migration continues
  • FSU focus on migrating PALMM materials
  • Migrating additional DigiTool admin units/PALMM materials

Track 3 - New development:

  • FL-Islandora usage statistics: see "Questions for ISG" #31
    • What are priorities for usage statistics?
  • Video Content Model: next steps

February 25, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p1qqopvkkfj/

Agenda: Track 1: new sites and production users:

  • FAMU Islandora site is nearing completion
  • FSU update on first week of public release

Track 2: data migration and data loading:

  • FAU DigiTool migration making progress
  • FAMU DigiTool migration preparations are underway

Track 3: development:

  • FSU requests that default sort order be modified from the Islandora PID (a sequentially generated number that implies load order) to Title.
    • No objections
  • Mapping <location> to MARC 852 (Questions for ISG)
    • Lots of questions - concerns about "physical" location.
    • Postponed until next meeting, when we can have Mango display to see
  • Compound Object Display mockups
    • tabbed view vs. vertical stacked view
    • people like the tab views - may want some change of the metadata labels (i.e. "Full Description" becomes "Item Description" or something like that, if possible / easy)
    • no objections to the tab format!
  • Video requirements (Questions for ISG)
    • Can everyone please look over the questions and we can come back to this at another meeting
  • Usage stats (Questions for ISG)

February 18, 2014 -- CANCELLED

February 11, 2014

Agenda: Track 1: new sites and production users:

  • FAU planning a demo of their site
  • new site: FAMU
  • Florida Polytechnic University interest in an Islandora site
  • Update from FSU

Track 2: data migration and data loading:

  • This track has been extended to include data loading into Islandora in general, either by migration or new data loads.
  • DigiTool migration: FAU and FAMU.

Track 3: development:

  • New code on test server:
    • IP Embargo fixes
    • Forms enhancement #2
    • "DC-tagged MODS" edit form
  • New code on development server:
    • updates to Binary Object Content Model: suggestions for wording of Format display field/facet for Binary Objects - Other?
  • Compound Object display
  • Basic requirements for Serials module

February 4, 2014 - CANCELLED due to conflict with MCLS

January 28, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p1m4slm7m76/

Agenda:

Track 1: new sites and production users:

  • Use of the inactive queue: not currently site-specific so will be shared among sites.
  • Suggested MODS form changes to accommodate Sheet Music Consortium guidelines (See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3dGa1gIZ_6dFhFQ25idVJIcjRoWFh2WEE1aDBlWGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0):
    • SMC field Instrumentation: Add attributes type and displayLabel to MODS note element.
    • SMC fields Library Name, Collection Name, Subcollection Name: Add subelements holdingSimple and sublocation to MODS location element.
  • Agenda items of interest to production users for upcoming ISG calls?

Track 2: data migration:

  • FAU DigiTool migration update
  • FSU DigiTool migration is nearing completion
  • FSU is using the FLVC offline ingest program to load books and is helping to test the process as FLVC prepares to open this functionality to other sites.

Track 3: development:

  • updates to newspapers module
  • updated Binary Object code installed on Development server for testing.
    • Allows association of default thumbnails with file mimetypes, or uploading of thumbnail images.
    • We'll need to decide on default thumbnail images by mimetype.
  • Finalize ranking of Forms enhancements so that development can begin

January 21, 2014 - CANCELLED

January 14, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p6329bjtekj/

Agenda:

  • Track 1 - new and production sites
    • Preparations still underway for FSU to go public
    • Links to PALMM collections have been disabled on FSU production site because PALMM site is not in production. Links from other production sites remain.
  • Track 2 - data migration
    • FSU books being loaded: books load requires valid METS file and many METS files in DigiTool are not valid and require fixes.
    • Still working on the thumbnail problem

Track 3 - development:

Homework:

  • Review potential Islandora descriptive metadata forms enhancements: (Questions for ISG, #30) link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nGXCksN9hZBjzsetxVvm1Y89aLzJ1K8FPE4rQQyEy6o/edit?usp=sharing
  • We strongly encourage you to test the scenarios described in the enhancements in your institution's folder on the Islandora test server: http://islandora7t.fcla.edu
  • Add comments to the Questions for ISG document regarding your instition's priority ranking of enhancements.
  • Add comments regarding any additional suggestions for enhancements to the Questions for ISG document.
  • We'll review any new suggestions for enhancements next week and proceed to a final vote.

January 7, 2014

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p40mgnhp3ia/

Agenda:

  • Track 1 - new and production sites
    • Status update on Data Center Consolidation
    • FSU to go public with Islandora in January
    • FSU to begin offline batch ingest of new materials
  • Track 2 - data migration
    • Islandora thumbnail creation problems being researched
    • Resuming DigiTool to Islandora migration activities after the holidays
  • Track 3 - development

Homework:

  • Mike Demers to set up and example of the new format/text for Embargo overlay text on Islandora test server
  • Review questions about Islandora to Mango DC to MARCXML mapping (Questions for ISG #29, recommended Solution #1) with your catalogers by 1/14/14 ISG meeting.

December 31, 2013 - CANCELLED

December 24, 2013 - CANCELLED

December 17, 2013 - CANCELLED

December 10, 2013

Recording from this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p786izgbo8i/

Agenda:

  • Track 1 new sites:
    • Islandora development and test servers will be down after 5pm Dec. 23-Sunday, December 29.
    • Islandora production server will be down December 27-29 for data center consolidation.
    • We'd like to forward the DigiTool server to COOP after 5pm on Dec. 23
    • palmm.fcla.edu landing page will be down Dec. 27-29 (there is no COOP site for the PALMM landing page).
    • FTP server will be down Dec. 27-29
    • RT will be down Dec. 27-29
    • Broward College site setup is underway.
    • next cohort 2 training is Monday, December 16, 10:30-noon.
  • Track 2 data migration:
    • FSU embargoed ETD load underway
    • FAU PDF load underway
    • Minor MODS corrections are being made, when possible, before loading converted data into Islandora. In some cases this requires reloads.
  • Track 3
    • Revisit embargo overlay and decide on text
    • Revisit possible newspaper enhancements and determine priorities
    • Adding an "Embargo Note", similar to "Compound object note"

December 3, 2013

Homework assignment:

  • Review the proposed developments for the newspapers module and come prepared with your institution's priorities. See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SbvRS82LrUCJaW5JJG94G9AmgNiLcKy4ThDJiWtThdM/edit?usp=sharing
  • Consider the desired text for IP embargo overlays. Note that IP embargo overlays cannot be customized at the site level.
  • As soon as the compound object note MODS note @type="compound" is implemented on the islandora7t test server use one of the MODS edit forms to create this note and observe how it displays in search results.

Agenda:

November 26, 2013

No meeting

November 19, 2013

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p9ndptoavfl/

Homework assignment: On the Islandora test server, http://islandora7t.fcla.edu/user, log in as either Eddie Editor, Sal Supervisor, or Connie Colladmin, and create a Compound Object:

  • either create two or more related objects of any content type, or select two related objects you've created in the past
  • view the sample Compound Object created by Priscilla Caplan during the 11/19 call: http://islandora7t.fcla.edu/islandora/object/islandora%3A1620
  • following the instructions presented at the 11/19 call, create Compound Objects


Agenda:

  • Track 1: New sites
    • A new site has been created for Northwest Florida State College
    • Training for the first cohort is completed. Training for 2nd Islandora cohort is planned for Nov. 25.
    • A production server code update will be performed this week, after our developer returns from Islandora Camp. Updates to include the following local code changes:
  islandora_importer:
    
     Adding validation to require owning institution and title.
     Added call to postprocessing transform to create purls in MODS.
  
 islandora_internet_archive_bookreader:
 
     Adding parent collections to variables passed to islandoratheme template.  This allowed "In Collections" to display for books on the Full Description tab.
 
 islandora_solr_search:
 
     Grid view of search results - using book/issue title and page instead of object label (a filename) for book and newspaper pages.
    
 islandora_solution_pack_collection:
 
     Limit share/migrate collection list to site root namespace and palmm.
  • Upcoming Christmas break move of FLVC Gainesville servers to Northwest Regional Data Center in Tallahassee. The Islandora servers will be down during the move, and exact dates will be provided as soon as we have them.
  • Track 2: Data migration
    • Status update
  • Track 3: Development

November 12, 2013

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p2231baqaos/

Agenda:

  • Track 1: New sites
    • Northwest Florida State College has requested an Islandora site
  • Track 2: Data migration
    • status update
  • Track 3: Development
    • Islandora RT queue and distinguishing between implementation issues and development issues
    • Follow-up on Islandora to Mango discussion:
      • collection exclusion list: "bottom-level" collections vs. all collections
      • exclusion by item
      • exclusion by both item and collection?

November 5, 2013

Recording from this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p67o5fqrjt4/


Agenda:

  • Track 1: New sites
    • Gulf Coast State College site created and discussions are underway regarding migration of ContentDM data.
    • Collection migration/sharing problem and solution
    • UCF report on moving university archives to Islandora
  • Track 2: Data migration
    • FLVC exploring options for migrating ContentDM data.
  • Track 3: Development

October 29, 2013

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p6dcbqheztp/

Agenda:

  • Track 1: New sites
    • Volunteers for a second Islandora cohort - Lydia
    • UCF’s experience with their new production site and PRISM collection
    • FAU's experience with their new production site
  • Track 2: Data migration
    • FSU demo of using the Islandora offline load interface to review their migration – Krystal
  • Track 3: Development
    • Feedback on CSV download feature
    • Demo of Embargo function – Priscilla
    • tentatively: Demo of Newspaper module – Priscilla

October 22, 2013

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p15tshnl6s4/

Agenda:

  • Track 1: new Islandora sites - Lydia
  • Track 2: data migration – Lydia
    • FAU review of PRISM collection underway
    • UCF load of PRISM collection underway
    • Analysis of FGCU DigiTool and other digital collections for migration underway
  • Track 3: development – Priscilla & Lydia
    • Review of homework:
      • Review of thumbnail icons/comparison of sizes
      • Newspapers homework deferred until completion of module installation on Islandora test server
    • Demo: CSV downloads of search results - Lydia
    • Demo: workflow alternatives – Priscilla and Krystal
      • “pseudo collections” use case demo – Krystal
      • “pseudo collections” setup – Priscilla

October 15, 2013

Recording of this call: Recording for ISG call on 10/15: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p79lkk3dnyh/

Agenda:

  • Track 1: Status of Cohort 1:
    • New sites - Lydia
    • FLVC-FL-ISLANDORA@LISTSERV.FLVC.ORG listserv for Islandora users - To subscribe, send an email to listserv@listserv.flvc.org with the following message in the body:
    SUBSCRIBE FLVC-FL-ISLANDORA
  • Cohort training - Priscilla
  • Track 2 -Data migration:
    • Status of DigiTool migration - Lydia
  • Track 3 - Development:
    • Melissa from FGCU asked if we could discuss adding Date Created instead of Date Issued to the Summary object display
    • review of last week’s homework - Priscilla
    • demo of Newspapers functionality – Priscilla

October 8, 2013

Recording of this call: http://connect.rc.ucf.edu/p2g9h24prcj/ Agenda:

  • Introduction - Lee
  • Track 1
    • Documentation outline (http: islandora.pubwiki.fcla.edu) - Lydia
    • Status of Cohort 1 - Lydia
  • Track 2
    • Update - Lydia
  • Track 3
    • Show homework - Priscilla
    • Demo adding unitary objects Basic Image, Large Image, PDF and Audio - Priscilla
Personal tools